In which Chris, Tom and Marsh attempt to shrug off a massive E3-induced sleep deficit to talk almost lucidly about men with giant moon faces, snakey boobs and the mega-bearded DarkLorde. Also every game we care about from E3.
So that includes but is not limited to: the new Deus Ex, Hitman, Just Cause, XCom, Mass Effect, Tomb Raider, Fallout, Ghost Recon and Rainbox Six. Also: the dawning of the Great Age of Todd Howard, how choice and regret affect happiness and why we are still right about Die Hard 4 even though we were completely wrong.
- I’m not going to link every game that we talk about. Sorry. Instead, RPS have collected every PC-relevant video from the conference here.
- Event is the game Chris mentioned about trying to convince an AI to let you leave.
- Holy Invasion Of Privacy, Badman! What Did I Do To Deserve This, My Lord? aka Badman 2 is the game Marsh struggles to remember the name of, as well he might, since it appears to be called different things in every territory.
- Recons Ghost Wild. I just wanted to say that.
- Dan Gilbert’s TED talk about happiness.
- A guide to the effects of Mad Max: Fury Road
Discuss this episode on the Episode Discussion forum. You can also listen to it on YouTube. You could also subscribe to our channel, if you like.
You can email us your very own questions at firstname.lastname@example.org. You can also leave questions for us on the forum or tweet us @crateandcrowbar.
You can also follow us on Twitter as individuals:
Our intro music is by The Mandibles from their track Clambake. Many of the band members now tour as Count Bobo And The Bullion.
Podcast: Play in new window | Download
Subscribe: Apple Podcasts | RSS