In which cars belong in bowls. Chris, Tom, Marsh and Graham deliver only the coldest takes on Rainbow Six: Siege, Rocket League, nightmare number hole Clicker Heroes and Virginia Woolf’s Awkward Dinosaur Dinner Party, aka, ARK: Survival Evolved.
Plus: the war against the sparrows continues; the dubious morality of accountancy with friends; things you can put up your butt in games; the C&C equivalent of a grenade rolling down a hill; the rising brow-level of sci-fi and fantasy; going on tilt anmd where we’ll be in another 100 episodes time.
Now you can donate to us on Patreon!
- Rainbow Six: Siege is getting Terrorist Hunt mode. Everyone is pleased. Except the terrorists, presumably.
- Rocket League should be called Car Football but is very good anyway.
- Clicker Heroes takes us all closer to the abyss.
- Candy Box was the similar but wittier number crunching game we struggle to remember the name of.
- Progress Quest gets a namecheck too.
- Sparrows are indeed songbirds. My apologies to any sparrows who feel maligned by this section.
- ARK: Survival Evolved is a game about survival with dinosaurs, impassive dodos and limited anal capacity.
- Here’s that Spelunky video in which Tom spears Chris in the head with a knife.
- Batman: Arkham Knight‘s bat mobile sections may make you tilt. If only it was set in a bowl.
- The heroic Rich Stanton battles Dark Souls’ Four Kings. Again and again and again.
Do you have mind words about this episode? Give them tangible form on the Episode Discussion forum. You can also subscribe to our YouTube channel, or not, whatever, it’s up to you. Please subscribe.
If you have a question for a future episode, send it to us at firstname.lastname@example.org. You can also leave questions for us on the forum or tweet us @crateandcrowbar.
You can also follow us on Twitter as individuals:
Our intro music is by The Mandibles from their track Clambake. Many of the band members now tour as Count Bobo And The Bullion.
Podcast: Play in new window | Download
Subscribe: Apple Podcasts | RSS