In which Marsh, Chris and Graham gather to discuss the mother bonanza of game release season, including Fallout 4, StarCraft 2: Legacy of the Void, Cryptark, Call of Duty: Black Ops 3, Football Manager, more thoughts on Overwatch and reports from Blizzcon. Phew!
Also discussed: whether you can go MMO home, who is responsible for your dinosaurs, whether Call of Duty is unfairly maligned as a concept, and why you should play the Mass Effect series all the way to the end.
- Here’s the Warcraft movie trailer we discuss…
- …which did not get as good a response at Blizzcon as this World of Warcraft: Legion cinematic trailer.
- Cryptark is a fine example of an early access game, and also a shmup with roguelike elements. Here’s the referenced article by Marsh for RPS.
- Football Manager 2016 is out today! Graham is playing it in the year 2035 but it’s still probably not worth buying if you’ve already got FM2015.
- StarCraft II: Legacy of the Void also came out this week. Chris has been playing it and thinks it’s a big polished content box.
- Marsh has also been playing Call a Doody Blops Ops Aye Aye Aye, which also came out this past week but which is bobbins.
- Here is the infamous episode Marsh mentions. We’ve never drunk so much since.
- Chris has also also been playing Fallout 4, which gives us mixed feelings though Phil Savage’s review for PC Gamer gives us hope.
- SWGEmu is the Star Wars Galaxies emulator discussed, whereas Wurm Unlimited is the new, standalone Steam release for Wurm Online.
The place to discuss this episode is in the Episode Discussion forum.
If you prefer, you can listen to this episode on YouTube and check out our channel for other stuff.
You can also hang out in our Discord chatroom if you like.
If you have a question for a future episode, send it to us at email@example.com. You can also leave questions for us on the forum or tweet us @crateandcrowbar.
You can also follow us on Twitter as individuals:
Our intro music is by The Mandibles from their track Clambake. Many of the band members now tour as Count Bobo And The Bullion.
If you want to support the podcast, you can pledge us a dollar or two per episode over on our Patreon – we’ve used it to buy lots of nice new audio equipment, and next week you’ll be able to hear the difference we promise. You can also give us a one-off tip if you prefer:
Podcast: Play in new window | Download
Subscribe: Apple Podcasts | RSS