Marsh finds himself trapped in a Tom sandwich for nearly two hours of chat about hacking in Darknet, battling bad genre in The Old Republic, misusing Wyverns in Heart of Thorns and mistreating settlers in Fallout 4.
Also! Your questions from questions, which were so good this week we couldn’t get through them all. We try our best, and manage to work in a guest appearance from Cicero of Rome. You’re welcome.
- Do you like NODES and UNNECESSARY VR? The smart hacking sim Darknet may be to your liking.
- Star Wars: The Old Republic is a singleplayer game now, if you want it to be. It’s not worth trying for free though as the F2P restrictions are horrible.
- Guild Wars 2: Heart of Thorns is out now, but only applicable to level 80 players. The first 80 levels are free to play, though, and worth trying.
- Have you heard? Fallout 4 is out!
- Will Opencritic supplant Metacritic? ¯\_(ツ)_/¯
- The vanguard of Great Britain’s soft power assault on global civilisation: Hollyoaks.
- Can’t achieve lucid dream states? You could always watch Waking Life instead.
- Open worlds, they’re all the rage these days. We mention Dragon Age: Inquisition, The Witcher 3, Fallout 4, Metal Gear Solid 5.
- Current films that will inspire game sequences: Mad Max: Fury Road, and dozens of others that none of us can think of right now.
- Wait, Gravity!
- Also probably some others.
The place to discuss this episode is in the Episode Discussion forum.
You can also hang out in our Discord chatroom if you like.
You can also follow us on Twitter as individuals:
If you want to support the podcast, you can pledge us a dollar or two per episode over on our Patreon – we’ve used it to buy lots of nice new audio equipment which hopefully sounds as good this week since Tom nicked Graham’s Audacity settings off him. You can also give us a one-off tip if you prefer: