In which there is Major Pod News! Graham, Marsh, Tom S and Chris discuss life-changes, beat the Firewatch sasquatch, have a very civil civil war over XCOM 2 and leave Street Fighter V to nurse its wounds.
Plus: things Lara can do with a baked bean tin, the charms and challenges of Elite’s standalone dogfighting mode, lethal UI interactions, brinksmanship with poison, avoiding time travel dev disaster, laser-flavoured flavour text and frustratingly poor mic discipline throughout.
- COBALT. What a game.
- Hey, have you heard of this game called Minecraft? It’s pretty cool.
- Firewatch – a walking simulator set in an American national park with a wistful sensibility.
- Chris Donlan’s article about Firewatch’s narrative convolutions, which much more eloquently expresses what Marsh was trying to say.
- Turnbased tactics game XCOM 2. Is it good? Is it bad? Sounds like a 50% chance to hit.
- Tom F has been charting his exasperation with / addiction to the game in video form.
- An enjoyable XCOM 2 gif.
- Street Fighter V – its credible thighs are undermined by threadbare costumes and content both.
The place to discuss this episode is in the Episode Discussion forum.
If you prefer, you can listen to this episode on YouTube and check out our channel for further C&C video.
You can also hang out in our Discord chatroom if you like.
If you have a question for a future episode, send it to us at firstname.lastname@example.org. You can also leave questions for us on the forum or tweet us @crateandcrowbar.
You can also follow us on Twitter as individuals:
Our intro music is by The Mandibles from their track Clambake. Many of the band members now tour as Count Bobo And The Bullion.
Podcast: Play in new window | Download
Subscribe: Apple Podcasts | RSS