Chris, Tom S and Pip return to discuss Gamescom news (such as it is) and the topic of the hour: the successes and failures of No Man’s Sky. Is it nice, or not nice at all? Who has been wronged, and how much, and does it matter? And so on.
Also: your questions, several unsupportably broad proclamations, and an extended bit about the Dota 2 International that we’ve kindly put right at the end so that you can skip it if it’d make you angry. Yes, you.
- Here’s Eurogamer’s report on Metal Gear Survive that perhaps? Explains? What it is? (It doesn’t.)
- No Man’s Sky. Or is it?
- Here’s Rob Fearon and Michael Cook on the various issues surrounding the NMS discussion, including the language we use to describe procedurally generated games.
- Also, Here’s Michael Cook’s NMS photo blog and Pip’s funny/terrifying tickle-dinosaur friend.
- Dota 2 player w33 is Romanian, not Jordanian. Chris is a stupid wrong man about this and many other things. He was thinking of Miracle-.
- Here’s coverage of the Dota 2 International on RPS and PC Gamer.
- The Dota 2 International games to watch are EG vs. EHOME game 1 and EG vs. DC game 3.
- If you’re unfamiliar with the problems of the Shanghai Major, here’s Chris’ article about it.
- First puppets, and now here’s Purge with the weather.
The place to discuss this episode is in the Episode Discussion forum. You can also watch this episode on YouTube, and subscribe for more C&C video action.
You can also hang out in our Discord chatroom if you like.
If you have a question for a future episode, send it to us at email@example.com. You can also leave questions for us on the forum or tweet us @crateandcrowbar.
You can also follow us individually:
…and Pip’s friend Mayer Nissim, why not.
Our intro music is by The Mandibles from their track Clambake. Many of the band members now tour as Count Bobo And The Bullion
Podcast: Play in new window | Download
Subscribe: Apple Podcasts | RSS