Chris, Tom S and Pip return to discuss Gamescom news (such as it is) and the topic of the hour: the successes and failures of No Man’s Sky. Is it nice, or not nice at all? Who has been wronged, and how much, and does it matter? And so on.
Also: your questions, several unsupportably broad proclamations, and an extended bit about the Dota 2 International that we’ve kindly put right at the end so that you can skip it if it’d make you angry. Yes, you.
- Here’s Eurogamer’s report on Metal Gear Survive that perhaps? Explains? What it is? (It doesn’t.)
- No Man’s Sky. Or is it?
- Here’s Rob Fearon and Michael Cook on the various issues surrounding the NMS discussion, including the language we use to describe procedurally generated games.
- Also, Here’s Michael Cook’s NMS photo blog and Pip’s funny/terrifying tickle-dinosaur friend.
- Dota 2 player w33 is Romanian, not Jordanian. Chris is a stupid wrong man about this and many other things. He was thinking of Miracle-.
- Here’s coverage of the Dota 2 International on RPS and PC Gamer.
- The Dota 2 International games to watch are EG vs. EHOME game 1 and EG vs. DC game 3.
- If you’re unfamiliar with the problems of the Shanghai Major, here’s Chris’ article about it.
- First puppets, and now here’s Purge with the weather.
You can also hang out in our Discord chatroom if you like.
You can also follow us individually:
…and Pip’s friend Mayer Nissim, why not.