Tom, Chris and Pip discuss FIFA gambling legal business, House of Many Doors, Valley, Pit People, and more.
Plus: your questions, your grudges, your 90s celebrity pairings, your unprofessional workplace relationship with a skeleton, your entirely warranted problem with playing games with Chris.
- Here is Eurogamer’s article about the FIFA gambling situation. It has quotes and research and things.
- …and here is the (allegedly?) similar case involving CS:GO last year.
- Pip wrote about her time in House of Many Doors for RPS.
- Tom’s been playing Valley, which is definitely a game and not a dream he had, it turns out.
- If Chris loves The Behemoth so much, why doesn’t he MARRY THEM? A good question. This is Pit People, in any case.
- BUCKLE YOUR PANTS, BUCKLE YOUR PANTS, BUCK- BUCK- BUCK- BUCK- BUCKLE YOUR PANTS
- Arma 3 is a fine military sandbox in which to tit around with your friends.
- A Boy Made of Blocks is Keith Stuart’s book about games that’s not about games. Iain M. Banks’ The Player of Games is also a good book about Dota I mean games it’s about games. Chris fondly remembers Terry Pratchett’s Only You Can Save Mankind.
- Here’s Chris getting (yet another) play of the game that he totally deserves and totally wasn’t entirely set up by Pip, unseen, uncredited.
You can hang out with us and our community on our Discord channel. If you have a question for a future episode, send it to us at email@example.com or tweet us @crateandcrowbar. If you’d like to watch this episode on YouTube, you can do so here. You can also subscribe to our YouTube channel, if you like.
You can also follow us individually:
Our intro music is by The Mandibles from their track Clambake. Many of the band members now tour as Count Bobo And The Bullion.
Podcast: Play in new window | Download
Subscribe: Apple Podcasts | RSS