WALLOPING HOWDY and welcome to episode 181, in which Pip, Chris and Tom S gather to very carefully not spoil Mass Effect: Andromeda, Future Unfolding and Nier: Automata.
THEN, questions! What would truly advanced AI do to games? Football clubs running esports teams? Best cats in games? What is co-op? Plus, another grudge! Keep ‘em coming, folks.
- Mass Effect: Andromeda is pretty good.
- Enter a forest of discovery in Future Unfolding.
- Cosmic Express is so adorable I want to squeeze it. A Good Snowman is Hard to Build is also great.
- Nier, far, wherever you are, play Nier: Automata for fourth-wall breaking shenanigans and dodgy bullet hell bits.
- Games you can talk to: interactive fiction.
- You can also talk to Starship Titanic. It won’t understand you most of the time.
- Torment: Tides of Numenera has a chatty anus.
- Details on Paris Saint-Germain’s esports lunge.
You can hang out with us and our community on our Discord channel. If you have a question for a future episode, send it to us at firstname.lastname@example.org or tweet us @crateandcrowbar. If you’d like to watch this episode on YouTube, you can do so here. You can also subscribe to our YouTube channel, if you like.
You can also follow us individually:
Our intro music is by The Mandibles from their track Clambake. Many of the band members now tour as Count Bobo And The Bullion.
Podcast: Play in new window | Download
Subscribe: Apple Podcasts | RSS