Toms Francis and Senior join Marsh to discuss dismissive dad death in Indivisible and lobby for gun-lobbing in both Borderlands 3 and John Wick Hex. Also: why PCs are awful and no one should build them.
Please, don’t say “fampany”.
- Blizzard’s incredible, punitive reaction to a pro-player speaking out about Hong Kong.
- UsTwo Games got caught up in a union dispute when it let one of its employees go.
- Motion Twin are a French dev with a flat structure. But for how long?!?!
- Indivisible: inadvisable storytelling.
- Borderlands 3: mindfulness and wellbeing edition. The character’s name is Amara, not Samara. We regret this error but do not wish to be corrected about this or any of our other many grievous failings. Thank you for your understanding at this time.
- Fractal Design. WHY
- Focus hard to squat in John Wick Hex
- Razbuten’s video about his non-gamer wife struggling with assumed gaming knowledge.
- Black Ops 2: whack-a-mole but with foreigners.
- Matt Castle and his Divinity II videos on RPS.
- Books: Dresden Files (bad start, gets better), John Milton series (enjoyable trash), Altered Carbon (dubious trash) and Hard Magic (good)
- Why doesn’t Gordon just join a techbro start-up? Friend of podcast and AI researcher Mike Cook takes apart a dismayingly credulous Wired article about the exodus from physics academia to Silicon Valley.
You can hang out with us and our community, or should I say FAMmunity, on our Discord channel. If you have a question for a future episode, send it to us at email@example.com or tweet us @crateandcrowbar. You can also listen to it on YouTube, and subscribe to our YouTube channel, if you like.
The Crate and Crowbar is kindly funded by our Patreon backers. If you’d like to know more about supporting our podcast and its spinoffs, click here.