Alex, Chris and Marsh provide only the most deletable content as they marvel at the obscene indulgence of Death Stranding, tumble through infinity in Manifold Garden and test the limits of dark ecstasy in Lust From Beyond: Prologue.
Don’t open with the genital shoggoth.
- Brian David Gilbert has made a Hideo Kojima name generator. That’s a generator that creates names of the kind that Hideo Kojima gives his characters, not a one that creates Hideo Kojima’s own name – that’s just Hideo Kojima, you big silly dingdong!
- Please enjoy falling over hillocks as Deadstrandman America Bridgesman in Hideo Kojima’s Hideo Kojima game, Death Stranding, a metaphor for Iceland and Twitter by Hideo Kojima and, evidently, mostly for Hideo Kojima, too.
- Wow there’s more poo discussion in this episode than I remembered. Sorry everyone.
- Actually, not sorry at all. Here’s a pictoral guide to poo that I drew years ago, an awful gift from me to you, Show Notes Reader.
- The Ladder Scene from Metal Gear Solid 3: Snake Eater.
- Manifold Garden, a post-Witness puzzler set inside a massive fractal cheese dream.
- Plunge into the slick, gaping orifice of Lust From Beyond: Prologue, a slightly naff horror game with explicit NPC orgies.
- It’s inspired by the art of H R Geiger and Zdzisław Beksiński.
- Tag ur fractured self in Disco Elysium.
- Can YOU tolerate Apelegs’ bad eggs?
- Pip will dismantle everything you hold dear in the Star Wars: Rebellion boardgame.
- Dev tip: like all pod-nonsense, if you repeat the words “Tactical Breach Wizards” in front of a mirror three times, it becomes a real game. This is how all games are born.
- Braid is a puzzle platformer and also a paean to self-absorbed sad boys.
- Untitled Goose Game is a game about being a horrible goose and also a paean to being horrible goose.
- The Talos Principle is a game about lasers and existential questions.
- Chris made a compass for charting the varied, but uniformly regrettable, kinds of game journalist.
You can hang out with us and our community on our Discord channel. If you have a question for a future episode, send it to us at email@example.com or tweet us @crateandcrowbar. You can also listen to it on YouTube, and subscribe to our YouTube channel, if you like.
The Crate and Crowbar is kindly funded by our Patreon backers. If you’d like to know more about supporting our podcast and its spinoffs, click here.
Our intro music is by The Mandibles from their track Clambake. Many of the band members now tour as Count Bobo And The Bullion.
Podcast: Play in new window | Download
Subscribe: Apple Podcasts | RSS