Alex, Chris and Marsh take on the Pied Poper in A Plague Tale: Innocence, pootle across the Sea of Thieves, burp their way through Sigma Theory: Global Cold War and leave a faint but distinctly colonic whiff of Dota in their wake.
- BUY BUY BUY
- And people did – specifically they went and bought all the Valve VR goggles. Bought ’em right up.
- Throw rats at popes in A Plague Tale: Innocence. Top tier charnel house tunnel effluent. 7/10.
- “Settlers with zombies” is the elevator pitch for They Are Billions but perhaps it’s just not a very big elevator.
- Frostpunk gives its city-building game a big final purpose much more successfully.
- Spy management game Sigma Theory: Global Cold War – really neat premise, maybe let down by spreading its sim too thin.
- Hello, I would like a one-way ticket to Hornengrad, please.
- A point of comparison regarding the empowerment that comes from a learning curve: Unity of Command II
- Powerful ass news in Death Stranding.
- Co-op pirate game Sea of Thieves has got different ropes, it’s got bailing and analogue collaborative treasure-hunting. What more do you want? To not be on the terrible Windows Store. That’s what I want.
- Dota: Underlords – it’s sure got a lot of stuff in it.
- Dragon Age: Origins also had a lot of stuff in it. Here’s an email I sent at the time I reviewed it: “Dragon Age is not nearly the worst game I’ve played, but it’s certainly the game that I have liked least that I have played longest.”
- Dota 2 is allegedly a game of some sort. Ridiculous! Never heard of it!
- Sin Vega‘s excellent Eliza review. “We’ve all known a man we pitied but couldn’t trust.” Youch. Also mentioned: Nate Crowley, Nic Reuben, Alice O’Connor, Cass Marshal, Jason Schrier.
- The heartbreaking parrot may in fact be Alex, the subject of a thirty-year experiment.
- You can’t fuck Vangelis. Sorry, it’s just a fact.
- If you are a bee, please get in touch with your taxonomies.
- Here’s the German documentary about “silver gamers” and a link to the team itself.
You can hang out with us and our community on our Discord channel. If you have a question for a future episode, send it to us at email@example.com or tweet us @crateandcrowbar. You can also listen to it on YouTube, and subscribe to our YouTube channel, if you like.
The Crate and Crowbar is kindly funded by our Patreon backers. If you’d like to know more about supporting our podcast and its spinoffs, click here.
Our intro music is by The Mandibles from their track Clambake. Many of the band members now tour as Count Bobo And The Bullion.
Podcast: Play in new window | Download
Subscribe: Apple Podcasts | RSS