Tom, Chris and Marsh gather to reopen Black Mesa’s final chapters, vie to become the ultimate Tom in Slay The Spire, hoover up all the flavour text in Pillars of Eternity: Deadfire and ride the rhythm of Sayonara Wild Hearts.
- Let’s put this at the top: this year’s C&C Community GOTY is now online! Go vote in the only meaningful act of democracy you will ever experience again.
- Kane is the best and deserves all the goats.
- Go back to Black Mesa, and its final chapters in Xen, and tell me what I should feel.
- A new front of inter-Tom warfare opens up as the fourth and final (?) character for Slay The Spire gets released. Go have a nap, devs. Maybe a relaxing bath. Get some Lush in, innit. Bit of Radio 4. Lovely.
- Catch a very big man and be slightly dismayed at the size and number of crowded pubs in Pillars of Eternity II: Deadfire.
- Vicariously re-experience the unfathomable hinterland of youth and/or prefigure the crisis of 30-something thinkpiece writers in Sayonara Wild Hearts.
- Simogo – it’s true, they’re Swedes!
- Star Citizen: the definition of development bardo. Maybe?
- Very gribbly. Definitely a gribble. Unknowable, irrelevant interior.
- Moderately gribbly. Could, if collected with many similar creature, be a gribble. And yet: it yearns, longs, dreams. A noble spirit trapped in ignoble flesh.
- Negligibly gribbly. Not a gribble. A pristine embodiment of a perfect soul.
- Gorogoa. It’s a gorra gorra gaffs.
- Toilet Puncher’s Infinite Surrender
- The Shard. Didn’t there be a fox in there?
- Pip traps Tom in a knock knock joke at 1:32:25.
- Our D&D pods
- C&C Descends into a Total Fuckshow: Dark Souls Edition
- C&C Descends into a Total Fuckshow: Bloodborne Edition
- A Bloodborne friend we hardly knew – but will remember forever.
- Breakers of at least four walls: Eternal Darkness and Banjo-Kazooie: Buts & Bolts
- Jason Schreier is very good at telling the stories behind game dev.
A damning indictment of my algorithm.
You can hang out with us and our community on our Discord channel. If you have a question for a future episode, send it to us at firstname.lastname@example.org or tweet us @crateandcrowbar. You can also listen to it on YouTube, and subscribe to our YouTube channel, if you like.
The Crate and Crowbar is kindly funded by our Patreon backers. If you’d like to know more about supporting our podcast and its spinoffs, click here.