Chris and Alex discuss some actual games news and bury themselves kneck-deep in Dark Future and World of Horror – just in time for a special report from salty ocean correspondent Pip!
Plus: voice controls, work-life balance, the hot panic of an embarassing gaming moment, our go-to grunts, and other emanations from this bumper episode of The Shame Edition.
- Do go watch Larian’s ace Baldur’s Gate 3 demo from PAX East.
- Here’s the first video in Valve’s series of Half-Life: Alyx gameplay reveals. You put the hat on, and the barnacle, he eat the hat.
- Valve released Dota Underlords, and it’s like, a whole game, isn’t it.
- Tom’s lovely game, Tasteful Bench Lizards. Do give it a spot on your wishlist!
- Alex has been changing lanes without signalling in road-based roguelike Dark Future: Blood Rate States.
- The other roadlike that we couldn’t remember the name of is Convoy.
- Chris is very very into World of Horror, and is sorry for turning into a such a pseud on the pod. A pseud-o-pod, if you will. This is a joke. I’m sorry. Marsh tries very hard with these show notes, and I feel the need to do the same. Is it going well? It’s not.
- Here’s Emily Short’s blog post about Aaron Reed’s horror novel Subcutanean.
- Pip has become a lone wanderer of the Sea of Thieves, a fisherperson nonpareil, and the victim of a sequence of leech crimes.
- It’s time for Kane’s ace GOTY 2019 website, corraling as it does the aggregate good taste of the Crate & Crowbar community. Honk!
- A few nights ago I had a nightmare about these shownotes. I dreamed that it was necessary to provide a timestamp and detailed explanation for every joke on the podcast. I haven’t done this. Please don’t make me do this.
- press triangle to barp
You can hang out with us and our community on our Discord channel. If you have a question for a future episode, send it to us at email@example.com or tweet us @crateandcrowbar. You can also listen to it on YouTube, and subscribe to our YouTube channel, if you like.
The Crate and Crowbar is kindly funded by our Patreon backers. If you’d like to know more about supporting our podcast and its spinoffs, click here.
Our intro music is by The Mandibles from their track Clambake. Many of the band members now tour as Count Bobo And The Bullion.
Podcast: Play in new window | Download
Subscribe: Apple Podcasts | RSS