Tom S, Chris and Marsh lay themselves bare to discuss the Xbox showcase, sample the tasty-tasty-tasty open world comfort food of Middle-Earth: Shadow of War, unspool tubes in Filament and eye-roll at time-gribblies in Close to the Sun.
- The XBOX XERIEX X is coming and, if anyone notices, they will be able to play some of these forthcoming multiplatform games with improved loading times! Watch the entire e-event here.
- Or watch individual trailers:…
- We’re trying very hard to make ASS MEAD happen.
- H.R. Giger-inspired scary willy dribbler, Scorn.
- Some sort of space thing: Chorus.
- Spooky Polish walkabout The Medium.
- Newly turnbased gangster-with-a-heart-of-gold (and a baseball bat) game Yakuza: Like A Dragon.
- Potential jankathon, Vampire: The Masquerade – Bloodlines 2. Look you’re being evil AND dancing! The most evil kind of evil! That’s storytelling.
- Mutant-dino murdersim Second Extinction.
- Tutu-flower-monster-masher Scarlet Nexus.
- Meanwhile, in the BezoVerse, Amazon’s hero shooter, Crucible has been further revealed – a bit – and looks faintly like its design was led by metrics. But we’ll find out on 20th May.
- They’re also making New World. An MMO. In 2020!
- Open world comfort food in the form of tasty, tasty, tasty orc-chunker Middle Earth: Shadow of War, Aegean murder holiday Assassin’s Creed Odyssey, pants-purloining day-tripper Hitman 2 and replica-lightsaber-lust-inducer Jedi: Fallen Order.
- Unfurl your ass-tube to solve puzzles in Filament.
- Jazz is still allowed, not sure about the rest: Close to the Sun.
- Gothic 1 and the playable teaser of its “remake”.
- As Warhammer as Warhammer gets: The Horus Heresy books. Also recommended: Dan Abnett’s and Gaunt’s Ghosts series, and Aaron Dembski-Bowden’s novels, The Talon of Horus and Spear of the Emperor. We’ve heard good things about The Beast Arises, too.
- My shirt’s already off so I’ve got nowhere else to go.
You can hang out with us and our community on our Discord channel. If you have a question for a future episode, send it to us at firstname.lastname@example.org or tweet us @crateandcrowbar. You can also listen to it on YouTube, and subscribe to our YouTube channel, if you like.
The Crate and Crowbar is kindly funded by our Patreon backers. If you’d like to know more about supporting our podcast and its spinoffs, click here.
Our intro music is by The Mandibles from their track Clambake. Many of the band members now tour as Count Bobo And The Bullion.
Podcast: Play in new window | Download
Subscribe: Apple Podcasts | RSS