Chris, Alex and Marsh ponder penguin chicanery, Destiny’s destiny, dialogue-by-card-deck in Signs of the Sojourner, conversation-as-combat in Griftlands, redeem Mass Effect: Andromeda, resist scratching tingles and rejoice at Desperados III.
- What is shape? Shape is crime.
- What is going on with Aiball / Penguin Cretins? Gamesindustry.biz have talked about it here.
- A Monster’s Expedition – the game our Pip worked on – has a demo out! Lovely!
- Be a bally and do a rolly in Stanley Kubrick’s Tiny Wings aka EXO ONE. Also demo-able.
- Destiny 2: put this mess in a box! Then serve up more.
- You might call Bungie’s plan for Destiny 2… vaulting ambition! Ha! Ha! Ha!
- Ha! Ha!
- Imagine being inside the McCartney Destiny Song. Emotional.
- As mentioned last week: Wide Ocean Big Jacket is super, super lovely. It’s also available from Steam.
- Another shout-out for John Walker’s indie curation site Buried Treasure.
- Weirdo puzzler, Ethereal is on itch.io and Steam.
- Conversational card game, Signs of the Sojourner! Itch. Steam.
- Nice game journo man, Chris Schilling.
- Conversation-as-combat in Griftlands!
- Enjoy the beeping and the wooshing of Mass Effect: Andromeda.
- Spread it on toast. Add a chunk of stilton. Perfect. It’s Desperados III.
You can hang out with us and our community on our Discord channel. If you have a question for a future episode, send it to us at firstname.lastname@example.org or tweet us @crateandcrowbar. You can also listen to it on YouTube, and subscribe to our YouTube channel, if you like.
The Crate and Crowbar is kindly funded by our Patreon backers. If you’d like to know more about supporting our podcast and its spinoffs, click here.
Our intro music is by The Mandibles from their track Clambake. Many of the band members now tour as Count Bobo And The Bullion.
Podcast: Play in new window | Download
Subscribe: Apple Podcasts | RSS