Alex, Tom S and Graham minotalk and cyclopine about the forthcoming Total War Saga: Troy, delight in the hikes and hot bilge of Death Stranding and feel all kinds of 7/10 about Ghosts of Tsushima.
- Here’s that story on testing seeds for impossibility in Slay The Spire.
- Mentioned as Alex’s spire-alike of choice: Monster Train
- Sing, O Goddess, of the mild pique at Total War Saga: Troy‘s compromise between history and myth.
- Stuff piss bombs into the whale to make the ghosts go away in Hideo Kojima’s sympathetic fart machine, Death Stranding by Hideo Kojima.
- Ghost of Tsushima. Collect another 49 podcasts to unlock a sense of apathy at hoary open world mechanics.
- Rob Sherman’s great article about inventory: I Am Overencumbered.
- Exposure is the video series about the aborted development of F-Stop.
- The video Alex and Graham recall which utilises polaroid photographs to alter geometry is this one!
- Portal 1 and 2 are a hard act to follow.
- But follow the FPS-puzzlers did, with much physicsy wibbliness. Some of those mentioned: Antichamber, Superliminal, Manifold Garden, The Talos Principle, The Witness.
- Tacoma is not really a puzzle game, but a very good firstperson story game.
- Alan Hazelden‘s puzzlers are also mentioned.
- Just add a little pet fox! It worked for The Shard.
You can hang out with us and our community on our Discord channel. If you have a question for a future episode, send it to us at firstname.lastname@example.org or tweet us @crateandcrowbar. You can also listen to it on YouTube, and subscribe to our YouTube channel, if you like.
The Crate and Crowbar is kindly funded by our Patreon backers. If you’d like to know more about supporting our podcast and its spinoffs, click here.
Our intro music is by The Mandibles from their track Clambake. Many of the band members now tour as Count Bobo And The Bullion.
Podcast: Play in new window | Download
Subscribe: Apple Podcasts | RSS