Alex and Tom F relive the fragtastic heyday of the FPS with Quake mod Arcane Dimensions, and die, with varying degrees of annoyance, at the hands of three different roguelikes: Noita, Spelunky 2 and Hades.
- Voxel-physics-destruction game Teardown is out on the 29th of October!
- The torrid Golden Axed tale.
- Gwen Frey‘s Lab Rat is looking for lab rats, er, playtesters. Link on the Steam page.
- Jakub Wasilewski’s SlipWays made in/for PICO-8.
- A full-fat PC version is on its way!
- Awesome Quake mod and map-pack, Arcane Dimensions.
- American McGee’s 300ft zombie and related dev tales from Quake are briefly recounted here.
- Noita is out of Early Access! Feels kinda similar to how it did a year ago, honestly. It was good a year ago, of course, but a lot of the systems still feel opaque.
- “Let’s get it over with”: Spelunky 2
- The Sealed Shop and the Mind-boggling Mistake, a Tom Francis adventure.
- Hades may be an excellent brawler, but it is sorely missing a leprosy mode.
- Surveillance game Orwell.
- “Emergent sim” classic System Shock 2.
- Daunting sci-fi colony sim Rimworld.
- NEOTOKYO! What a vibe!
You can hang out with us and our community on our Discord channel. If you have a question for a future episode, send it to us at firstname.lastname@example.org or tweet us @crateandcrowbar. You can also listen to it on YouTube, and subscribe to our YouTube channel, if you like.
The Crate and Crowbar is kindly funded by our Patreon backers. If you’d like to know more about supporting our podcast and its spinoffs, click here.
Our intro music is by The Mandibles from their track Clambake. Many of the band members now tour as Count Bobo And The Bullion.
Podcast: Play in new window | Download
Subscribe: Apple Podcasts | RSS