Chris, Alex and Marsh arrive belatedly at the zeitgeist of September 2018 with a helluva yikes. Like gazpacho soup, enjoy these takes cold: World of Warcraft: Battle for Azeroth and Shadow of the Tomb Raider.
- Fortnite done some big numbers. But are they that big? Yes, but imagine the concurrents if you had to feed buses of children into the slavering maw of Dot Cotton.
- Mask of the Rose is the new game from Failbetter, the devs behind Fallen London. It’s a visual novel romance set in the same sinister world.
- Hit the colonial apologia bullseye in World of Warcraft.
- Acknowledge the badness of raiding before raiding ever harder still in Shadow of the Tomb Raider.
- Teardown is a really good game that knows precisely what it needs to be. But do its players always know that?
- Does Not Commute is a previous game by the Teardown dev.
You can hang out with us and our community on our Discord channel. If you have a question for a future episode, send it to us at email@example.com or tweet us @crateandcrowbar. You can also listen to it on YouTube, and subscribe to our YouTube channel, if you like.
The Crate and Crowbar is kindly funded by our Patreon backers. If you’d like to know more about supporting our podcast and its spinoffs, click here.
Our intro music is by The Mandibles from their track Clambake. Many of the band members now tour as Count Bobo And The Bullion.
Podcast: Play in new window | Download
Subscribe: Apple Podcasts | RSS