Tom S and Marsh face ghosts and goats in idiosyncratic alpine horror game Mundaun, smash demons apart like satanic pinatas in Doom Eternal, take a swing at Mortal Kombat 11 and murder murders in the latest Hunt: Showdown event.
- Jim Rossignol and Marsh have together written a one-shot table-top RPG, called Night of the Hogmen.
- Sign-up to our newsletter, which will keep you abreast of forthcoming one-shots, as well as Teeth, the larger setting we are building up to, and contain other musings on the world of roleplaying.
- Swiss spook-o-game / demented hay-bale-horror ASMR experience Mundaun.
- Props to Luke for pointing this out to me. Read his excellent review of the Mundaun here.
- Collect resources in the most savage way imaginable in Full-Brain game Doom Eternal.
- Look, I didn’t bring it up, OK? It’s not my fault! But I still love Hunt: Showdown.
- Escape from Tarkov is the game I mention that is similar to Hunt but with fussier gun management.
- High-fidelity biffer Mortal Kombat 11 is made by NetherRealm, who also make the Injustice fighting series.
- Arc Systems’ various fighting game franchises: Dragon Ball FighterZ, Guilty Gear and Blazblue
- You should see me in a crown and/or tanuki suit: Super Mario 3D World
- Who left the dogs out? Master of Game.
- The law of ‘legal deposit’ is the statute Tom was recalling.
- Destiny 2: real loot, real grind.
- This was revealed too late to influence our discussion, but, actually, I do rather wish I could own Kim Kitsuragi’s orange pilot jacket, albeit with the impossible prerequisite that I’d look good in it.
You can hang out with us and our community on our Discord channel. If you have a question for a future episode, send it to us at firstname.lastname@example.org or tweet us @crateandcrowbar. You can also listen to it on YouTube, and subscribe to our YouTube channel, if you like.
The Crate and Crowbar is kindly funded by our Patreon backers. If you’d like to know more about supporting our podcast and its spinoffs, click here.