Alex, Tom S and Graham walk towards the light and enter the hot, sweaty, concrete podspace. Inside they discuss strobing, IGF-nominated art game Kristallijn, the lovingly recreated concrete formwork of Control, and the tiny tug-of-war strategy of Warpips.
- A Take-Two earnings call revealed GTA5 has sold over 145 million copies.
- The metaverse is already here, says Strauss Zelnick.
- Are Travis Scott and Calvin Harris the same person? Graham thinks so, but only one stomped around Fortnite.
- Only Galactus required you to fly inside his mouth though.
- Geoff Keighley’s Summer Games Fest returns.
- That band famous from Windows 95 is going to perform at the show.
- Alex might prefer if they performed Windows 3.1’s Canyon.mid.
- Alex has also been admiring the gorgeous concrete formwork of Control.
- And the strobing lights of IGF Nuov award nominee Kristallijn. Be careful of you are sensitive to flashing imagery.
- Graham has been letting slip the pips of war, in Warpips, a “tug-of-war” strategy game.
- Its micro-strategy has shades of Infested Planet and Swords and Soldiers.
- When does a simulated world matter? The villain you’re hunting can be found at any moment in lovely indie western Westerado: Double Barreled.
- While EA’s last SimCity made simulated promises it couldn’t keep.
You can hang out with us and our community on our Discord channel. If you have a question for a future episode, send it to us at email@example.com or tweet us @crateandcrowbar. You can also listen to it on YouTube, and subscribe to our YouTube channel, if you like.
The Crate and Crowbar is kindly funded by our Patreon backers. If you’d like to know more about supporting our podcast and its spinoffs, click here.