There’s a logjam down the River Take and Chris and Alex join Tom F to help clear it, smashing through Monster Train, Overboard!, Slipways, Unexplored 2, Necromunda: Hired Gun, Mass Effect: Legendary Edition, Subnautica Below Zero, and Griftlands. Where the river meets the sea, Chris and Alex drown some old games they once loved.
- Chris has been playing Monster Train, for you but not himself.
- God hates you in Overboard!, a mystery game in which you are the murderer from the makers of 80 Days.
- Slipways is a microstrategy game about constructing trade empires in space, released this week.
- Unexplored 2 is a roguelike RPG that’s procedurally generated from top to bottom. Alex spoke to its developer many years ago about the design of Unexplored 1.
- Chris continues his exploration of alright Warhammer games with the profoundly ’90s Necromunda: Hired Guns.
- Make your own Cyber-Mastiff – out of an actual dog.
- Tom has revisited Mass Effect via the recent Legendary Edition and strongly recommends repeating yourself.
- Subnautica Below Zero is a strong reminder of how good Subnautica is.
- Story-driven RPG chafes up against roguelite deck-building in Griftlands, which has now graduated from early access.
- Alex saves the spiciest of takes for Ico and Shadow Of The Colossus.
- Sonic Adventure and Sonic Adventure 2.
You can hang out with us and our community on our Discord channel. If you have a question for a future episode, send it to us at firstname.lastname@example.org or tweet us @crateandcrowbar. You can also listen to it on YouTube, and subscribe to our YouTube channel, if you like.
The Crate and Crowbar is kindly funded by our Patreon backers. If you’d like to know more about supporting our podcast and its spinoffs, click here.