Alex and Graham discuss 2D platformers… with a twist! Graham punts himself through the magnetic levels of Super Magbot while Alex swims in the inky droplets of Ynglet. Plus, lizard tummies are rubbed in Little Witch In The Woods, and Quake’s 25th anniversary is celebrated via the medium of envying Robert Yang’s talent. To finish, Graham pitches Alex a game about scooping people’s insides out.
- Quake turned 25 years old, with some level design jams to celebrate.
- The omni-talented Robert Yang made a Quake map included in one of the packs and wrote about it.
- Friend of the pod and former RPS writer Brendan Caldwell also released a Quake map called Big Boy’s Birthday Party.
- Little Witch In The Woods had a demo during the Steam Next Fest but it’s gone now.
- Super Magbot has magnets where the jumping would normally be.
- Ynglet is a platformer, too, but you’re leaping between and swimming through droplets in a felt-tip world.
- Working Stiff is a great book about forensic pathology. You can find it via bookshop.org, and also evil online bookstores.
You can hang out with us and our community on our Discord channel. If you have a question for a future episode, send it to us at firstname.lastname@example.org or tweet us @crateandcrowbar. You can also listen to it on YouTube, and subscribe to our YouTube channel, if you like.
The Crate and Crowbar is kindly funded by our Patreon backers. If you’d like to know more about supporting our podcast and its spinoffs, click here.