Alex, Tom S and Graham retreat from the terrible non-fungible present into the comforting embrace of the past, with the sequel to cult classic Psychonauts, the recent remaster and expansion of Quake, and the last great real-time strategy game, Supreme Commander: Forged Alliance. Also discussed: a good boy, our hoarding instincts, and Tom Clancy’s H.A.W.X.
- The co-founder of Vine is creating NFTs out of videogame-style loot, without the videogame, and it’s selling for absurd sums of money.
- Cult classic Japanese RPG Moon: Remix RPG Adventure got an English translation last year, and now it’s coming to PC.
- Japanese games are experiencing something of a renaissance, dominating Steam’s best seller charts for July.
- Psychonauts 2 is out! It’s a fantastic world to explore, blessed with the forgettable platforming we crave.
- Bethesda celebrated the 25th anniversary of Quake by announcing and releasing a remaster which makes it prettier and includes a new expansion and Quake 64.
- Supreme Commander: Forged Alliance remains an unrivalled strategy game experience, and it runs better than ever via Steam.
You can hang out with us and our community on our Discord channel. If you have a question for a future episode, send it to us at firstname.lastname@example.org or tweet us @crateandcrowbar. You can also listen to it on YouTube, and subscribe to our YouTube channel, if you like.
The Crate and Crowbar is kindly funded by our Patreon backers. If you’d like to know more about supporting our podcast and its spinoffs, click here.