Tom S is joined by Jamie and, I believe, a blackbird to chat formative gaming experiences, co-op caving in Deep Rock Galactic, oddly named leggings in Injustice 2 and the many delights of the Steam Deck.
- Jamie cut his teeth on games like SpaceQuest and Monkey Island.
- Defunct game mag of yesteryear: PC Zone.
It rubs the
lotionSpelunky on its skin or else it gets the hose again.
- The Binding of Isaac – melding compulsive roguelike session game with dark psychological themes.
- Chris likes the screaming meatboys of medieval melee Mordhau.
- Jamie and Tom have been playing the co-op space-dwarf bug-blaster Deep Rock Galactic, accurately pitched as “Minecraft and Left 4 Dead smashed together”.
- Vermintide and Chivalry 2 are games cut from a similar blood-soaked cloth.
- Hunt: Showdown is a very stressful co-op FPS about shitty cowboys and cursed swamps.
- Tom has fallen off the Space Horse of Destiny 2.
- Injustice 2, the DC comics beat-em-up from the makers of Mortal Kombat.
- Some of Tom’s favourite fighters are found in the Guilty Gear series.
- Valve’s chunky handheld: the Steam Deck!
- Some games Jamie’s been playing on his Steam Deck: Darkest Dungeon, The Binding of Isaac, Noita, Jupiter Hell, Sniper Elite 4, Spelunky, Elden Ring.
- The suspend function makes it easy to garrote people during your lunch-break. What a convenience!
You can hang out with us and our community on our Discord channel. If you have a question for a future episode, send it to us at firstname.lastname@example.org or tweet us @crateandcrowbar. You can also listen to it on YouTube, and subscribe to our YouTube channel, if you like.
The Crate and Crowbar is kindly funded by our Patreon backers. If you’d like to know more about supporting our podcast and its spinoffs, click here.