Jamie, Chris and Marsh dive into the kaleidoscopic weirdness of Everything Everywhere All at Once. Join us as we discuss it in the context of such cultural touchstones as Christopher Nolan’s Fart Clock, musical instruments designed to make children faint, and Crysis 2.
- Lots of spoilers, almost from the outset, and even in the cast list below! You should see the film first.
- Directed by Dan Kwan and Daniel Scheinert
- The cast!
- Michelle Yeoh – Evelyn
- Ke Huy Quan – Waymond
- Stephanie Hsu – Joy / Jobu Tupaki
- James Hong – Gong Gong
- Jamie Lee Curtis – Deirdre Beaubeirdre
- Tallie Medel – Becky Sregor
- Brian Le – An Incredibly Good Sport
- Randy Newman – Raccacoonie
- Stuff we reference:
- The Matrix Resurrections
- In the Mood for Love
- Christopher Nolan’s films: Tenet, The Prestige, Inception, Interstellar
- Rick and Morty
- Into the Spiderverse
- Mad Max: Fury Road
- Grant Morrison’s The Filth
- Top Gun: Maverick
- Chris’s mother, a fine lady who love planes
You can hang out with us and our community on our Discord channel. If you have a question for a future episode, send it to us at email@example.com or tweet us @crateandcrowbar. You can also listen to it on YouTube, and subscribe to our YouTube channel, if you like.
The Crate and Crowbar is kindly funded by our Patreon backers. If you’d like to know more about supporting our podcast and its spinoffs, click here.