Storied dungeon master Jim Rossignol joins Marsh to talk about the joy of pretending to be scoundrels, goblins and doomed spacemen, and why you should venture beyond the vast borders of Dungeons & Dragons to do so. Discussed: Blades in the Dark, Agon, Mothership, Symbaroum, Numenera, DIE & more!
- Mohican Dwarf: an early role-model.
- Dungeons and Dragons: the big kahuna! Now in its 5th Edition, sometimes referred to simply as 5E.
- Palladium Books’ Rifts RPG
- Vampire: The Masquerade
- Warhammer Fantasy Roleplay
- The Genesys System
- There’s a Star Wars game using Genesys
- Warhammer 40,000: Dark Heresy has its original D100 system and a Genesys makeover
- Call of Cthulhu
- Modiphius D6 is the system that underpins Tales from the Loop, Forbidden Lands, Coreolis and others
- Blades in the Dark – the best RPG system ever? Perhaps! Games based on this are referred to as Forged in the Dark
- Blades itself is based on Powered by the Apocalypse
- Our own RPG setting and system: Teeth! We’ve released three modules so far: Night of the Hogmen, Blood Cotillion and Stranger & Stranger
- The Teeth newsletter will keep you updated on our progress towards the full-setting kickstarter and also make you more attractive and powerful as a human being.
- Scum and Villainy
- Band of Blades
- Kieron Gillen’s DIE
- Jim’s Twitter
You can hang out with us and our community on our Discord channel. If you have a question for a future episode, send it to us at email@example.com or tweet us @crateandcrowbar. You can also listen to it on YouTube, and subscribe to our YouTube channel, if you like.
The Crate and Crowbar is kindly funded by our Patreon backers. If you’d like to know more about supporting our podcast and its spinoffs, click here.
Our intro music is by The Mandibles from their track Clambake. Many of the band members now tour as Count Bobo And The Bullion.
Podcast: Play in new window | Download
Subscribe: Apple Podcasts | RSS