Jamie, Tom S and Marsh press the electric brain’s hot-take button to generate plausible opinions on proc-gen classic Dwarf Fortress, Marvel deck-builder-tactics mash-up Midnight Suns, animated medieval manuscript mystery Pentiment, and genealogical rogue-lite Rogue Legacy 2.
- Press A to advance through perplexingly titled visual novel Umineko When They Cry.
- The triumphant Steam release of modern classic Dwarf Fortress has graphics now, and, maybe surprisingly, that really matters.
- Confusing turnbased-tactics / card-game chimaera Midnight Suns might actually be a low-key dog-smashing classic.
- Gotham Knights is not a low-key classic but a slightly botched DC goon-pummeler.
- Pentiment is a terrific encapsulation of medieval life, art and belief, elegantly enclosed in a murder mystery, itself enclosed by a slightly unknowable interactive space.
- Rogue Legacy 2 is an excellent evolution of the rogue-lite platformer where each run is enacted by successive heroic generations.
You can hang out with us and our community on our Discord channel. If you have a question for a future episode, send it to us at firstname.lastname@example.org or tweet us @crateandcrowbar. You can also listen to it on YouTube, and subscribe to our YouTube channel, if you like.
The Crate and Crowbar is kindly funded by our Patreon backers. If you’d like to know more about supporting our podcast and its spinoffs, click here.