Separate children, Jamie and Chris, de-schism to become a single mass with opinions on lying down, class-traitor sandwich praxis, the tragic dynamics of a friendship defined by Sonic/Batman, the Steam Deck, Hi-Fi RUSH, Burnhouse Lane and Marvel Snap.
- Why not pair The Sonic Movie with the lavish mediocrity of Death on the Nile? There are many reasons. So many.
- X-Men: the full-fat theatre kids of Marvel.
- Hi-Fi RUSH is a rhythm-action combo-brawler that has dropped out of nowhere from Evil Within developer, Tango Gameworks.
- Elite Beat Agents is a beloved rhythm game of yore.
- Thumper: also a brilliant rhythm action game, with a darker narcotic vibe.
- Burnhouse Lane is a dark psychological horror point-n-click by Harvester Games.
- The Cat Lady is a previous and similarly bleak game by Harvester Games.
- Uh oh! There’s been a discourse!
- “Sometimes its dramaturgy is- woah, here we go!”
- Mike Flanagan’s brilliant Netflix show Midnight Mass and our pod about it. Flanagan followed up with The Midnight Club.
- The other side of the darkness sandwich: Marvel Snap, a machine-cut slice of perfectly square American bread.
You can hang out with us and our community on our Discord channel. If you have a question for a future episode, send it to us at firstname.lastname@example.org or tweet us @crateandcrowbar. You can also listen to it on YouTube, and subscribe to our YouTube channel, if you like.
The Crate and Crowbar is kindly funded by our Patreon backers. If you’d like to know more about supporting our podcast and its spinoffs, click here.