Alex and Tom Senior soak in the drippings of the rich in beautiful topdown shooter The Ascent, descend further into bullet hell via several classic shmups, and relax to the heavenly harp of Zelda: Skyward Sword. Plus, discussion of Call Of Duty’s Double Agent mode, and Tom’s back on the chess.
- Call Of Duty is getting an Among Us-style mode called Double Agent, in which some players will be team killers and bellends. Not sure what the mode is about, though.
- The Ascent is a stunning cyberpunk RPG shooter from new British studio Neon Giant.
- Alex has been persevering with Mushihimesama, the bullet hell shmup. He discussed it at greater length in episode 359.
- Alex keeps getting distracted by other shmups though, such as: STRIKERS 1945 II, Raiden IV: OverKill, Cho Ren Sha 68K, and DoDonPachi Resurrection. They’re all classics.
- Tom has been soothed and delighted by the pacing and harps of Zelda: Skyward Sword HD on the Switch.
- Do you know anything about playing lightgun games on modern PCs? Tom wants to hear from you, as prepares to buy a Sinden lightgun. He’d probably like to hear from you if you know more about British actor Donald Sinden, too.
You can hang out with us and our community on our Discord channel. If you have a question for a future episode, send it to us at firstname.lastname@example.org or tweet us @crateandcrowbar. You can also listen to it on YouTube, and subscribe to our YouTube channel, if you like.
The Crate and Crowbar is kindly funded by our Patreon backers. If you’d like to know more about supporting our podcast and its spinoffs, click here.